Published Articles With Impact
Previous recipients of PIDS fellowship awards have published numerous significant articles in prominent journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA, Nature, and Pediatrics, among others. These publications include:
- Hsiang et al. Malaria Elimination in Asia–Pacific: An Undertold Story. Lancet. 2010;375(9726):1586–1587.
Michelle Hsiang, MD—University of California, San Francisco
PIDS Fellowship, 2009-2011
- McElroy et al. Human Ebola Virus Infection Results in Substantial Immune Activation. PNAS. 2015;112(15):4719-4724.
Anita McElroy, MD, PhD, MPH—Emory University
PIDS-St. Jude Fellowship, 2010
- Rossi et al. Transferable Vancomycin Resistance in a Community-Associated MRSA Lineage. N Engl J Med. 2014; 370:1524-1531.
Paul J. Planet, MD, PhD—Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
PIDS-St. Jude Fellowship, 2008-2010
- Flores et al. Estimated Burden of Rotavirus-Associated Diarrhea in Ambulatory Settings in the United States. Pediatrics. 2010;125(2):e191-e198.
Anthony Flores, MD, PhD, MPH—Baylor College of Medicine
PIDS-St. Jude Fellowship, 2009
- Fouda et al. Infant HIV-1 Vaccines: Supplementing Strategies to Reduce Maternal-Child Transmission. JAMA. 2015;313(15):1513-1514.
Sallie R. Permar, MD, PhD—Boston Children's Hospital
PIDS-St. Jude Fellowship, 2007
- Sengupta et al. Catheter Duration and Risk of CLA-BSI in Neonates With PICCs. Pediatrics. 2010;125(4):648-653.
Aaron M. Milstone, MD—Johns Hopkins University
PIDS Fellowship, 2005-2007